wordpress stats plugin

Charlotte NC

05-02-2019 | 01:39 PM | CHARLOTTE,NC — Thursday afternoon the suspect accused of killing 2 people and wounding 4 others in a shooting at UNC Charlotte waived his right to appear before District Court Judge Ronald Chapman in a Mecklenburg County courtroom. 23-year old Trysten Terrell has been charged with the shooting at the Kennedy Building on the campus of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

Terrell who is being held at the Mecklenburg County Jail was scheduled to appear in Mecklenburg County Court for a first appearance Thursday afternoon. According to District Court Chapman “Pursuant to North Carolina General Statue 15A-601, gives notice of his waiver of this right to be personally present, or appear by video during first appearance in district court.”

Prior to the conclusion of the first appearance hearing for Terrell, the charges were read to the court. Trysten Terrell is charged with 2 counts of First Degree Murder, 4 counts of Attempted First Degree Murder, 4 counts of Assault with a Deadly Weapon with Intent to Kill Inflicting Seriously Injury, 1 count of Possession of a Firearm on Educational Property & 1 count of Discharging a Firearm on Educational Property.

According to court records, Terrell’s next court appearance is tentatively set for May 15, 2019 for a bond hearing.

05-01-2019 | CHARLOTTE,NC

04-29-2019 | 10:534 PM | CHARLOTTE,NC — Detectives with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department’s Homicide Unit are conducting a homicide investigation near the 5900 block of South Boulevard, which is in the Westover Division.  The call for service came in at approximately 10:54 p.m.

Westover Division officers responded to the Restaurante Lempira located at 5906 South Boulevard to an assault with a deadly weapon call for service.  Upon their arrival they located an adult male who was directly in front of the restaurant with an apparent gunshot wound.  MEDIC pronounced the victim deceased at the scene.  His name will be released once his family has been notified of his death.

The initial investigation has indicated that the victim had been inside the restaurant and was shot within a few minutes of exiting the building. Homicide detectives are currently canvassing the area to determine whether there are additional witnesses to this incident.

 

Crime Scene Search responded to process the scene and collect physical evidence.  Representatives of the Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s Homicide Prosecution Team, Victim’s Assistance and Operations Command responded to the scene. The investigation into this incident is active and ongoing.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 704-432-TIPS and speak directly to a Homicide Unit detective.  The public can also call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600 or visit the Crime Stoppers website at http://charlottecrimestoppers.com/.

 

04-12-2019 | 11:15 PM | CHARLOTTE,NC — At 11:15pm Friday night Charlotte Fire Department was alerted to a reported house fire at 10642 Bryony Ct. Multiple 911 calls said a house was on fire and flames were coming from the roof of the 1 story home. Three friends driving home from dinner noticed the flames and heavy smoke and dialed 911 while following the smoke. The three friends arrived and saw the entire right side of the house on fire. As one friend banged on the door to alert anyone inside of the fire, a second friend entered the rear of the home through an open door with heavy flames and smoke. He yelled to anyone who still may have been inside the home. The three friends than helped the man safely out of the burning home as Charlotte Fire Department arrived on scene. Firefighters worked vigorously to control the fire which had already consumed a good portion of the home. The homeowner’s son said his father was asleep at the time of the fire with clothing running in the dryer. The son said he father normally falls asleep in a chair in the rear of home. 23 Firefighters controlled the fire within 30 minutes with no injuries reported. The The Fire Investigation Task Force is investigating the cause of the fire.

02-24-2019 | 03:53 AM | CHARLOTTE,NC —  Detectives with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department’s Homicide Unit are conducting a homicide investigation located in the 11400 block of Glenn Abbey Way in the South Division.  The call for service came in at 3:53 a.m. on Sunday, February 24, 2019.

South Division Officers responded to an assault with a deadly weapon call for service.  Upon their arrival, officers located a male and female inside of the residence with apparent gunshot wounds.  They were both pronounced deceased on scene by Medic.  Their identity will be released pending family notification. A third person was located with a gunshot wound and was transported by Medic with life-threatening injuries.

Homicide Detectives are currently canvassing the area to determine whether there are any witnesses to this incident.  At this time, detectives are not looking for any additional suspects.

Crime Scene Search responded to the call for service to process the scene and collect physical evidence.  Representatives of the Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s Homicide Prosecution Team, Mobile Crises, CDCP, Victim Services and Operations Command responded to the scene.

This is an ongoing, active investigation.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 704-432-TIPS and speak directly to a Homicide Unit Detective.  Detective Tisdale is the lead detective assigned to the case.  The public can also call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600 or visit the Crime Stoppers website at http://charlottecrimestoppers.com/.

See Breaking News!

Call Us or Text Us!

(347) 719-3464